1) We’ve got the coolest flag.
2) We’ve got the coolest governor by far. In fact, Jerry Brown is the coolest governor in the history of the United States.
3) Our state fish is the Golden Trout, the finest species of trout, or any other kind of fish in the world. And stream fishing in the Golden Trout Wilderness is the best there is.
4) Excepting Alaska, California has the most designated Wilderness of any state. More than Idaho, Colorado and Montana combined.
5) California has two of the most dependable liberal senators in the nation. Barbara Boxer gets the highest grade of any US Senator from the League of Conservation Voters and Diane Feinstein is the author of the assault weapons ban.
6) California is ground zero for the spirit of rebellion in the United States. The old Californios rebelled against Mexico about a dozen times and against the United State once. The IWW fought some of it’s greatest free speech battles here and the United Farmworkers Union was born here. Both Joe Hill and Woody Guthrie wrote some of their greatest protest songs here. Berkely. The Black Panthers. La Raza. Occupy Oakland and Occupy Los Angeles.
7) The last Native American to live most of his life with no contact with Western Civilization, Ishi, was born here. And we’re the only state where any Native American tribes made it into the 20th century without being conquered or put on reservations.
8) We’ve got the tallest mountain in the lower 48, the biggest trees, the oldest trees and the lowest valley in America all within 100 miles of each other.
9) The Grateful Dead, brother. All native Californians. Longest touring rock band with all their original members. With a sound system designed by Owsley…
10) First State to pass a Legal Medical Marijuana Initiative.
11) Sasquatch. Yeah, he’s been seen in other states, but like all true originals, Sasquatch is from the great golden state of California.
“The earth is not dying. She is being murdered. And we know who is killing her and we have their names and addresses.”